Background Collisions working all the time 90% of the time

So, after a terrible incdent at the start of the bank holiday weekend, I pulled myself together today and spent a lovely day with the kids then, coded up some more bits for Bee Happy tonight. So, teh slowdown effect is now working when the player is over the hedge tiles which is all good and…most of the time… the flowers are removed correctly, but sometimes and I’m not sure exactly why, the offset changes by 1 frame in any direction.

I’m guessing something’s up with my timings in edge cases which is annoying but really, it’s just one more piece of the puzzle i need to fix before I move onto the next one.

I’ve got to be selective with how many tiles i can write during each VBlank period still, particularly with 2 players involved. I may have to resort to a priority system or just an every other frame depending on how close things get.

Either way, some progress is still progress, so that’s good.